Our Roots

Petal Place finds its roots in 1985, when Barb and Gerry Langner moved to St. Andrews with their 2 children. The acreage at 235 River Road has produced bedding plants and vegetables since the 1950’s. Over the past 30 years, there have been many changes – in the earliest days plants were grown in wooden boxes and sold out of a garage – but the love of beautiful plants and commitment to quality remained constant.

Original greenhouses, 1986

 

Barb and Gerry, 1990
Barb and Gerry, 1990